On a migration card

In accordance with the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 413 dated August 16, 2004 ”On a Migration Card”, when entering the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen must receive and fill in a migration card, present it to a border control officer, who puts a mark on the migration card about the entry into the Russian Federation if information in the card matches the information in the passport and the visa.

Migration service forms are given free of charge to foreign citizens entering Russian Federation by border control officers or representatives of organizations providing transport services to foreign citizens entering the Russian Federation.

A foreign citizen keeps the migration card during his stay in the Russian Federation and provides it along with other documents for registration at the place of stay.

In case of damage or loss of the migration card, a foreign citizen must notify a territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation at the place of stay within three days. When a foreign citizen submits documents on the basis of which he has entered the Russian Federation, he is given a duplicate of the migration card free of charge.

When leaving the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen must hand in the migration card to a border control officer at a checkpoint of the state border of the Russian Federation.